Thank you for your interest in Violet Indigo Blue, Etc.! We are currently open to submissions and pitches for the following calls. In your submission, please specify which call for submissions you are responding to.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Previously published submissions are accepted. Please let us know where your work has appeared before so that we can credit it accordingly.
- Simultaneous submissions/pitches are encouraged. Please let us know as soon as possible if a piece or manuscript is no longer available for consideration.
- Please familiarise yourself with our ABOUT page before submitting.
- We reserve the right to remove, withdraw, or discontinue any work in the future in case a writer is found to be expressing or holding bigoted or discriminatory views, or has acted in such a manner.
- Please include an author bio alongside your submission. An author photo is optional.
Cover photograph by Naihan Nath.
GARDEN PARTY SPECIAL EDITION
Please submit 3 poems OR 1 piece of art criticism OR 1 personal essay OR 1 interview draft/pitch at one time to email@example.com. The edition will be released in March 2023, with a portion of print sales going to contributors.
“Afghan Funeral in Paris” –– Aria Aber / “Garden Song” –– Phoebe Bridgers / “How Can Black People Write About Flowers at a Time Like This” –– Hanif Abdurraqib / “Orchids Are Sprouting From the Floorboards” – Kaveh Akbar / “Poems From An Email Exchange” –– Hanif Abdurraqib / “For the Dogs Who Barked at Me on the Sidewalks in Connecticut” –– Hanif Abdurraqib / “courgette flower, crescent moon rising” –– Zarina Muhammad / “Set the Garden on Fire” –– Chen Chen / “Happiness is a butterfly” –– Lana Del Rey / “Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird” –– Frida Kahlo / “The Trees They Do Grow High” –– Maija Sofia / “Flowers” –– Maija Sofia / “a growing thing” –– Savannah Brown / “LIBERATION IS ROTTING IN YOUR FIGS” –– leena aboutaleb / “Instructions on Not Giving Up” –– Ada Limón / “What It Looks Like To Us and the Words We Use” –– Ada Limón / “garden” –– Savannah Brown / “Keats is Dead so Fuck Me From Behind” –– Hera Lindsay Bird / “I want to get high my whole life with you” –– Hera Lindsay Bird / @aidenarata / “Queer Joy” –– Megan Luddy O’Leary / “Garden Physic” –– Sylvia Legris / “SIPHONING” –– Daisy Lafarge / “Flowers, Poems, Flower Poems” –– Rachelle Toarmino / “Invasive Species” –– Molly Soda /
DEADLINE: 30TH SEPTEMBER 2022